Unable to create automation object SQLDMO.SQLServer

André Schneickert

Aug 28, 2008, 2:52:10 AM8/28/08
Hello,

I recently installed the new SQL Server Management Pack for MOM 2005 that
also covers SQL Server 2008.

We have only one SQL Server 2008 online.
For this server, MOM is now logging the error "Unable to create automation
object SQLDMO.SQLServer" when executing the scripts "SQL Server 2008 Service
Availability", "SQL Server 2008 Replication Monitoring", "SQL Server 2008
Space Analysis" and "SQL Server 2008 Database Health".

I suspect a permission problem with the MOM action account on the test
server but haven't been able to pin it down so far.
The action account is a member of the local Administrators group of the test
server, has grant rights to connect to the SQL instance and is a member of
the sysadmin role.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
André

André Schneickert

Aug 28, 2008, 4:08:00 AM8/28/08
One should read the guide more carefully...

I forgot to install the DMO component of the SQL Server 2008 feature pack on
the SQL server.

Problem solved.

André

rakesh....@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2008, 7:25:06 AM9/8/08
Hi Andre

I have imported SQL2008 MOM Pack into MOM2005 and added my computers
to MOM Server. I see that all the computer groups related to SQL are
in unknown state. I am also not able to find SQLDMO patch for SQL2008.
It would be great if you can tell me the location of this patch.

On Aug 28, 1:08 pm, André Schneickert