SQL 2008 MOM Pack

1 view

Rakesh Agrawal

Sep 8, 2008, 7:12:01 AM9/8/08
I have imported SQL2008 MOM Pack in MOM 2005. When i look at the operator
console i do not see any separate folder for SQL2008 i see only SQL200 and
SQL2005.

Is this expected behavior ? And import process has not given any errors.

I could see some rule groups getting created for SQL2008 in Administration
console.

IS SQL2008 MOM Pack does not have any view (Alert/State/Event) ??

Anders Bengtsson [MVP]

Sep 8, 2008, 12:48:31 PM9/8/08
Hi Rakesh,

I dont have a MOM 2005 environment here, but I looked in the MP guide and
there should be a number of default views. Possible they are only for SQL
2005 and 2000.

--
Anders Bengtsson
Microsoft MVP - Operations Manager

Anders Bengtsson [MVP]

Sep 8, 2008, 12:50:52 PM9/8/08

I just installed it in Ops Mgr and there is no version based views at all,
only general SQL views.

Rakesh Agrawal

Sep 8, 2008, 11:54:03 PM9/8/08
Hi Anders

I have imported it in MOM2005 and i am able to see version specific views
for SQL2000 and SQL2005. in SQL2000\SQL server Health Monitoring and
SQL2005\SQL Server HealthMonitoring.

Second thing is when i go to Alerts / Event /Diagram or any view in
Operation Console i do not see any folder for SQL2008 but there are folder
for SQL200 and SQL2008 with quite a few sub folders.

Regards
Rakesh