LDAP query

1 view

n0m

Jun 16, 2009, 6:43:30 AM6/16/09

I did not find a forum that suits this question so I hope you guys can
help me out. I need to create a customize console where I need to have
as query something like this:

SHOW me ONLY all global groups in which the user test_t is member AND
where he is member of the assigned ManagedBy Group.

I have the feeling that this is not realy possible to accomplish, but
maybe there is an LDAP query Guru out here :)

Thanks in Advanced.

Bye
n0m

Joe Kaplan

Jun 17, 2009, 2:22:45 PM6/17/09
You won't get the managedBy part in one pass. You can certainly specify a
filter with memberOf = the DN of the user in question. Note that this only
supports direct membership though. If want nested membership, you must use
the in-chain matching rule extension (which is only available in more recent
AD versions).

I think it may be possible to use the in-chain matching rule on managedBy as
well, so you could try that. Documentation on it is here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa746475(VS.85).aspx

HTH!
http://www.directoryprogramming.net
"n0m" <n...@n0m.net> wrote in message