Re: Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Online Communities

Kees Nuyt

May 5, 2010, 6:35:17 AM5/5/10
On Tue, 04 May 2010 14:40:08 -0700 (UTC), nn...@microsoft.com
wrote:

>Date 5/4/2010
>Starting in early summer 2010, Microsoft will begin progressively closing down the Microsoft public newsgroups to enrich conversations in the rapidly-growing forum platform. This decision is in response to worldwide market trends and evolving customer needs.

Sigh.

My customer needs appear to be different.
Forums are not for me.
I have always preferred usenet/newsgroups.
They are far more accessible for me.
Single key navigation and fast reading of very many groups in my
preferred fonts will never be met by web based forums.

Goodbye folks.
Best regards,
--
( Kees Nuyt