Re: Exporting Data From MapPoint To Include Latitude/Longitude

Michael R Mattys

Jun 1, 2005, 9:57:43 AM6/1/05
"andyuk" <and...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:1D9D54AE-8568-4301...@microsoft.com...
> I'm importing a spreadsheet into MapPoint 2004. This spreadsheet contains
> 6000 grid references. Mapoint displays these as I want with pushpins.
> However, I need to capture the longitude and latitude coordinates of each
> then export them back into Excel.
>
> Any ideas how I do this?

Andy,

This will require programming using Gilles Kohl's CalcPos routine.
You can find it at www.MP2KMag.com
I am a freelancer, if you don't have a programming staff.

----

Michael R. Mattys
Mattys MapLib for Microsoft MapPoint
http://www.mattysconsulting.com

Gilles Kohl [MVP]

Jun 2, 2005, 1:13:52 AM6/2/05
andy,

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 02:31:51 -0700, andyuk
<and...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm importing a spreadsheet into MapPoint 2004. This spreadsheet contains
>6000 grid references. Mapoint displays these as I want with pushpins.
>However, I need to capture the longitude and latitude coordinates of each
>then export them back into Excel.
>
>Any ideas how I do this?

Check out:

http://www.gilleskohl.de/pinsfile.zip

Regards,
Gilles [MVP].

(Please reply to the group, not via email)

andyuk

Jun 2, 2005, 10:46:07 AM6/2/05
Hi

I've tried your pushpins.exe but I get a runtime error -2147181454
(80049c72) that states "The requested member of the collection does not
exist. Use a valid name or index number". Can you help???

Gilles Kohl [MVP]

Jun 2, 2005, 2:26:47 PM6/2/05
On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 07:46:07 -0700, andyuk
<and...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I've tried your pushpins.exe but I get a runtime error -2147181454
>(80049c72) that states "The requested member of the collection does not
>exist. Use a valid name or index number". Can you help???

Make sure the name of the pushpin set you want to export is specified
correctly - it defaults to "My Pushpins", but if you imported an Excel
sheet as you mentioned, it'll probably have the same name as the
sheet.

You can check the name of the set in the "Legend and Overview" pane in
MapPoint, under "Pushpins"

gdbe...@umich.edu

Feb 20, 2014, 3:25:39 PM2/20/14
Hi Gilles,

I just used this little exe on MapPoint 2013 and it is a sweet little program. Once I figured out to (a) load my file as pushpins -- got that one the first time -- and (b) type in the name of the pushpin set exactly as it appears in MapPoint -- this step took me a second try -- it worked beautifully. Thank you so much.

Grant