How to Solve Endnotes Error Message?

schw...@officeformac.com

Aug 27, 2008, 5:32:58 PM8/27/08
Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC

At the end of my document there are two blank pages that I cannot
delete. When I try to delete them, the following message appears: "This is not a valid action for endnotes." Now I realize that Word thinks that my endnotes don't end until the bottom of the second blank page.

When I activate the end of line line symbol (sorry, I don't know the name of this symbol), the symbol appears throughout the two blank pages.

Now I'm trying to figure out why I can't backspace or delete these symbols from the two blank pages at the end of the document. Again, when I try to do so, the following error message prevents their deletion: "This is not a valid action for endnotes."

I think what I need to do at this point is declare to Word exactly where the Endnotes section ends. To do this, it seems like the following pathway would be helpful: insert / break / section break (next page).

The problem here is that all options within the "break" drop-down menu are greyed out and not selectable. I have placed the mouse cursor at the end of the Endnotes section to indicate where the section break should take place.

So at this point I'm stumped.
I can't seem to create a section break at the end of the Endnotes section, and thus, delete two blank pages that appear at the end of the document.

Thanks for any tips.