Drawing equilateral triangles?

Mark and Theresa

Jul 25, 2002, 5:35:21 AM7/25/02
This should be easy, but I can't work it out!!!

How can I draw an equilateral triangle using Word's drawing tools? All I can
find is right-angled triangle and isosceles triangle. There are only two
ways I can see of get an equilateral triangle - isosceles and calculate the
height, or rotating a line by 60 degrees each time and grouping them
together.

Please say there is an easier way of drawing regular polygons - and more
importantly let me know what it is!
--
Mark

Jim Gordon

Jul 25, 2002, 9:46:56 PM7/25/02
Hi

Make sure the drawing toolbar is visible (View -> Toolbars -> Drawing).

Click on the AutoShapes button. Click on the basic shape that looks like a
triangle. The trick is to *hold the shift key down* while you drag in the
document to make the triangle. Holding the shift key down while making an
autoshape makes it a "regular" shape.

-Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread.
Thanks.

----------
In article <B96584E9.1DB9C%hobb...@blueyonder.co.uk>, Mark and Theresa

Mark and Theresa

Jul 26, 2002, 9:25:37 AM7/26/02
On 26/7/02 2:46 AM, in article uc3buYENCHA.1244@tkmsftngp12, "Jim Gordon"
<gold...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Make sure the drawing toolbar is visible (View -> Toolbars -> Drawing).
>
> Click on the AutoShapes button. Click on the basic shape that looks like a
> triangle. The trick is to *hold the shift key down*

Of course! The oldest trick in the book!!!!!!

Thank you, despite me now feeling such an idiot :-)

--
Mark