cursor will not exit the table

blu...@officeformac.com

Oct 31, 2009, 8:37:25 PM10/31/09
Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I have a table inserted on the last page of a document. I want to continue writing on the page under the table but I cannot get the cursor to move to the blank part of the page. How can I do this?

John McGhie

Oct 31, 2009, 9:10:23 PM10/31/09
Click the Show/Hide button on the toolbar until your paragraph marks appear.
Without them, you cannot see what you are doing.

To solve your situation, place your cursor in the last cell of the table,
then hit Cursor Right twice.

You will see the cursor moves to the empty paragraph mark after the table.
That's the end of the file. Start typing there.

A Word document does not have any "blank parts" to a page. An area of a
Word page that looks "blank" is not blank, it's empty. Completely empty.
The cursor can't go there because there is nothing there to support
characters.

Hope this helps

On 1/11/09 11:37 AM, in article 59b7f...@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"blu...@officeformac.com" <blu...@officeformac.com> wrote:

matters unless you intend to pay!

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:jo...@mcghie.name

blu...@officeformac.com

Oct 31, 2009, 11:51:59 PM10/31/09
Hi John,
     Thank you for your help and your timely reply. Your solution worked.

Bluedom

> Click the Show/Hide button on the toolbar until your paragraph marks appear.
> Without them, you cannot see what you are doing.
>
> To solve your situation, place your cursor in the last cell of the table,
> then hit Cursor Right twice.
>
> You will see the cursor moves to the empty paragraph mark after the table.
> That's the end of the file. Start typing there.
>
> A Word document does not have any "blank parts" to a page. An area of a
> Word page that looks "blank" is not blank, it's empty. Completely empty.
> The cursor can't go there because there is nothing there to support
> characters.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> On 1/11/09 11:37 AM, in article 59b7f...@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
> "blu...@officeformac.com" wrote:
>
> &gt; Version: 2008
> &gt; Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
> &gt; Processor: Intel
> &gt;
> &gt; I have a table inserted on the last page of a document. I want to continue
> &gt; writing on the page under the table but I cannot get the cursor to move to the
> &gt; blank part of the page. How can I do this?

blu...@officeformac.com

Oct 31, 2009, 11:51:59 PM10/31/09

thefutur...@gmail.com

Oct 22, 2014, 11:34:17 AM10/22/14
Hi guys,

this doesn't work for me.

I have paragraph marks displayed, there is clearly no page or section break following the table, there is plenty of space between the bottom of the table and the margins, but I can only write on the next page.

Pressing right from the final cell... first press takes me outside the edge of the table, second press takes me to the next page.

If I start typing after the first press of right (outside the table) it immediately puts the text on the next page.

I use section breaks and page breaks all over my document, I am very familiar with them, but there isn't one after my table, yet I still cannot write anything after it. I have checked the margins and everything I can think of, googled everything, and just can't figure out what it is O_O

jha...@gmail.com

Jul 22, 2015, 2:36:45 PM7/22/15
I had this same issue. I had to lower the bottom margin because there wasn't enough space on the page for the height of the next row. Once I gave it more room, it jumped up.

gmath...@juno.com

Oct 2, 2015, 6:24:59 PM10/2/15
What I found is that if I put my cursor at the end of what I was writing above the table, and then hit enter, the cursor jumps to the next line below the table and I can continue.

mile...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2016, 1:42:15 PM6/27/16
that is why word is a piece of shit!!!!!!!!!

rshi...@gmail.com

Aug 9, 2016, 12:27:59 PM8/9/16
tru dat!

BEVO

Jan 25, 2017, 9:21:34 AM1/25/17
On Saturday, October 31, 2009 at 7:37:25 PM UTC-5, blu...@officeformac.com wrote:
When I follow these directions, the cursor does exit the table, but on the right side of the table, not under the table. When I begin typing, my text shifts to the left side of the table. I'm guessing that the people who write this software never actually use it!

sekh...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2017, 6:55:00 AM3/3/17
On Sunday, 1 November 2009 00:37:25 UTC, blu...@officeformac.com wrote:
Hit Shit+Enter and the cursor jumps to next line

ben....@f5.com

Mar 21, 2017, 2:41:38 AM3/21/17
Create new subheading, then select the Normal font

olga.vlad...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2018, 4:49:21 AM3/6/18
I had the same problem and cannot find the answer anywhere.
I inserted the table in my word document, but I couldn't type any text after the table on the next line below the table.
What you should do...
1. Click Home tab first. Then click on Layout tab. Then, Insert> insert the table. If you already inserted the table click on your table just once at any place and on the right side of your Ribbon of different tabs you will see Table Tools with Design and Layout options.Click on this Layout. And on the extreme left side you will see option Properties. Click on it and you will see Text wrapping. Choose None option and click Ok. Now You will be able to type text on line that is below your table.

waddya...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2018, 9:54:08 PM4/28/18
I just want a small square box and be able to type outside the box, whenever I hit enter it always types text below the box. I've tried moving margins but it just creates a longer rectangular box not a small square. Frustrating

mcvi...@gmail.com

May 15, 2018, 1:50:27 PM5/15/18
Please how did you later solve the problem.

shailish...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2019, 6:29:40 AM4/10/19
It works perfectly! thank you.

vinoli...@gmail.com

Dec 5, 2019, 1:34:35 PM12/5/19
Copy the table and paste it in another empty word document temporarily. Now that the space is empty, you can type the type that is needed on the document. Copy and paste the table back into the original document where the table is supposed to be. Work is done! :)

m S

Oct 27, 2020, 6:14:58 AM10/27/20
Temporary solution :

click on top left of table and select cut, table disappears > enter some random text > press enter > then paste your table back to original place
now below text can be edited

Khushman Deomurari

Jul 26, 2021, 6:55:07 AM7/26/21
There should be a shortcut to this. Sometimes table is too large and we really don't want to bother about this additional Word issues.

Khushman Deomurari

Jul 26, 2021, 7:21:48 AM7/26/21
Just always keep some enters at last and always paste or create table before those enters. Haha

Ashish Gupta

Sep 22, 2021, 12:15:52 AM9/22/21
thank- you so much

Jennifer Veres

Sep 21, 2022, 12:28:19 PM9/21/22

> that is why word is a piece of shit!!!!!!!!!

That's why I call it Microsoft Turd!

S Siegfried

Nov 1, 2022, 10:05:27 PM11/1/22
On Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 4:49:21 AM UTC-5, olga.vlad...@gmail.com wrote:
> I had the same problem and cannot find the answer anywhere.
> I inserted the table in my word document, but I couldn't type any text after the table on the next line below the table.
> What you should do...
> 1. Click Home tab first. Then click on Layout tab. Then, Insert> insert the taThanble. If you already inserted the table click on your table just once at any place and on the right side of your Ribbon of different tabs you will see Table Tools with Design and Layout options.Click on this Layout. And on the extreme left side you will see option Properties. Click on it and you will see Text wrapping. Choose None option and click Ok. Now You will be able to type text on line that is below your table.

Anne Wagner

Nov 6, 2022, 11:27:53 AM11/6/22
Brilliant! Worked perfectly! THANK YOU!