changing default browser in Entourage

cgst...@officeformac.com

May 29, 2009, 4:18:59 PM5/29/09
Version: 2008
Processor: Intel
Email Client: Exchange

Hi
Can you tell me how to set the default browser to open links in Entourage 2008 messages? I have tried the method recommended for users of MacOS X 10.4, but that doesn't work.

Ed Kimball

May 29, 2009, 4:49:05 PM5/29/09
On 5/29/09 4:18 PM ET, "cgst...@officeformac.com"
<cgst...@officeformac.com> wrote:

Launch Safari, the browser that comes with OS X.
Select Preferences under the Safari menu.
On the General tab, select your preferred browser from the Default web
browser drop-down list.
--
Ed Kimball

Corentin Cras-Méneur

May 29, 2009, 5:05:22 PM5/29/09
<cgst...@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Can you tell me how to set the default browser to open links in
> Entourage 2008 messages? I have tried the method recommended for users
> of MacOS X 10.4, but that doesn't work.

Entourage uses whatever is set to be the default in the System.
You can set that up in the Preferences fro Safari actually,

Corentin

--
--- Office:Mac MVP http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

kristin...@gmail.com

Feb 22, 2019, 4:38:31 PM2/22/19
Thank you! Couldn't figure this out for years and found this old thread!

To update it a bit for any other ppl still using ancient Microsoft Entourage:

Entourage does not have an option to select preferred browser in it's preferences, BUT, you can now make any browser your "default" browser by selecting it from within the browser preferences.

Restart Entourage and upon reopening it will now use whatever browser you made your default for the system.