How to Disable or Uninstall Entourage?

Zeu...@officeformac.com

Sep 30, 2009, 5:54:18 PM9/30/09
Version: 2008
Processor: Power PC

I am experiencing calendar conflicts between iCal and Entourage. Although I previously used Entourage, now iCal is my primary calendar and iMail is my primary email client. Therefore I only use WORD and PP from the Office suite but not Entourage, I would like to disable or uninstall Entourage to prevent further conflicts. How can this be done?

Thanks.

Diane Ross

Sep 30, 2009, 8:03:35 PM9/30/09
On 9/30/09 2:54 PM, in article 59b7d...@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"Zeu...@officeformac.com" <Zeu...@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I am experiencing calendar conflicts between iCal and Entourage. Although I
> previously used Entourage, now iCal is my primary calendar and iMail is my
> primary email client. Therefore I only use WORD and PP from the Office suite
> but not Entourage, I would like to disable or uninstall Entourage to prevent
> further conflicts. How can this be done?

Open Entourage and select Preferences under "Entourage" in the Menu bar.
Select Sync Services and uncheck all options. Quit Entourage. I don't
suggest removing as it could create a problem updating in the future. It
takes up very little space.

--
Diane

Zeu...@officeformac.com

Sep 30, 2009, 9:38:01 PM9/30/09
Thanks, I already did that. The problem is, more specifically, that when new meeting or appointment requests come in via email and I try to put them into iCal, they automatically want to go to Entourage instead - even if they are from Mac users using iCal! So I drag the ics icon to iCal and it places itself in Entourage calendar instead! I even received a meeting confirmation from the Apple store that went directly to Entourage instead of iCal. So Entourage is behaving like a default calendar. Any way to stop this?

> On 9/30/09 2:54 PM, in article 59b7d...@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,

> "Zeu...@officeformac.com" wrote:
>
> > I am experiencing calendar conflicts between iCal and Entourage. Although I
> > previously used Entourage, now iCal is my primary calendar and iMail is my
> > primary email client. Therefore I only use WORD and PP from the Office suite
> > but not Entourage, I would like to disable or uninstall Entourage to prevent
> > further conflicts. How can this be done?

William Smith [MVP]

Sep 30, 2009, 11:10:31 PM9/30/09
Zeu...@officeformac.com wrote:

> Thanks, I already did that. The problem is, more specifically, that
> when new meeting or appointment requests come in via email and I try
> to put them into iCal, they automatically want to go to Entourage
> instead - even if they are from Mac users using iCal! So I drag the
> ics icon to iCal and it places itself in Entourage calendar instead!
> I even received a meeting confirmation from the Apple store that went
> directly to Entourage instead of iCal. So Entourage is behaving like
> a default calendar. Any way to stop this?

Drag the iCal attachment to your Desktop and then select File --> Get
Info. Set iCal to be the application to open these files instead of
Entourage.

Hope this helps!

--

bill

Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>

Diane Ross

Sep 30, 2009, 11:15:14 PM9/30/09
On 9/30/09 8:10 PM, in article #ubA9SkQ...@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,

"William Smith [MVP]" <meck...@REM0VETH1S.comcast.net.INVALID> wrote:

> Drag the iCal attachment to your Desktop and then select File --> Get
> Info. Set iCal to be the application to open these files instead of
> Entourage.

Did you set Mail as default email application too?

--
Diane