Syncing Calendar with IMAP account

Gerb...@officeformac.com

Feb 22, 2008, 8:06:06 PM2/22/08
Our email (and calendar) are on a hosted Exchange server at 1and1.com. We connect to this server through IMAP. I'm not super technical, so I hope that makes sense.

I am new to Mac and Entourage (converted PC and Outlook guy). Everything with Mail seems to work just fine, but the Address Book, the Calendar and Tasks do not sync with our 1and1 account. I think I can understand the Address Book, but I don't understand why Calendar doesn't work. By the way, when I create a new Event in the 1and1 Calendar (via web client, or OutLook) the Entourage Calendar picks it up. ?????

I really like my new Mac, but having to use different products for Mail and Calendaring would be crazy. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Michel Bintener

Feb 23, 2008, 3:18:39 AM2/23/08
I'm sure someone with more Exchange experience will come along shortly, but
you should know that Entourage does not sync tasks and notes with Exchange.
These are shortcomings that are to be expected. Calendar events and contacts
should sync just fine, though, so just wait for someone to help you.

On 23/02/08 2:06, in article ee8e7...@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"Gerb...@officeformac.com" <Gerb...@officeformac.com> wrote:

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP

*** Please always reply to the newsgroup. ***

William Smith

Feb 23, 2008, 12:22:10 PM2/23/08
Gerb...@officeformac.com wrote:

> Our email (and calendar) are on a hosted Exchange server at
> 1and1.com. We connect to this server through IMAP. I'm not super
> technical, so I hope that makes sense.
>
> I am new to Mac and Entourage (converted PC and Outlook guy).
> Everything with Mail seems to work just fine, but the Address Book,
> the Calendar and Tasks do not sync with our 1and1 account. I think I
> can understand the Address Book, but I don't understand why Calendar
> doesn't work. By the way, when I create a new Event in the 1and1
> Calendar (via web client, or OutLook) the Entourage Calendar picks it
> up. ?????

You must connect to your hosted Exchange Server as an "Exchange" client
rather than an "IMAP" client. The IMAP protocol does not support
calendars and contacts.

These instructions should be what you're needing
<http://entourage.mvps.org/exchange/exchangeathome.html>.

Hope this helps!

--

bill

William M. Smith, Microsoft Interop MVP - Mac/Windows
Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>