Split Entourage database

Tony

May 20, 2009, 11:16:36 PM5/20/09
Hi Everybody,

Has anybody ever had the same problem as me?

I'm using Outlook for Windows but my boss uses Entourage and he has 19GB
Entourage database file. It seems like Entourage stores all emails in just
one huge database file. Which it takes so long time to backup and it's not
efficient at all.

I offer him to archive his emails with Outlook but he needs to access
everything just from his Entourage so I might have to do it Entourage way.

Is it possible to split this hugh database file to a few small files? Like
I'm currently doing with Outlook (Ex. Tony2008.pst, tony2007.pst, etc.). Is
it possible to do the same way as Outlook does by open these small database
files in Entourage without importing it back to the main database file.

So far I've seen only options to export and import it back on different
Identity but I think it's not so convinence at all.

Thanks,
Tony.

Diane Ross

May 21, 2009, 1:16:18 AM5/21/09
On 5/20/09 8:16 PM, "Tony" <ton...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to split this hugh database file to a few small files?

Yes

>Like
> I'm currently doing with Outlook (Ex. Tony2008.pst, tony2007.pst, etc.). Is
> it possible to do the same way as Outlook does by open these small database
> files in Entourage without importing it back to the main database file.

Not in the same way.

Options for end of year archiving (The Entourage Help Blog)

<http://tinyurl.com/9dvamb>

--
Diane

Tony

May 21, 2009, 3:49:47 AM5/21/09
Hi Diane,
So I'll have to create 2nd identity for my boss to be able to read the old
emails.
At least I can tell him that it's an Entourage's limitation. This is as far
as I can go for him so he has to make his decission to archive using Outlook
or Entourage.
Thanks,
Tony.

"Diane Ross" <Entour...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Diane Ross

May 21, 2009, 5:04:53 PM5/21/09
On 5/21/09 12:49 AM, "Tony" <ton...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> So I'll have to create 2nd identity for my boss to be able to read the old
> emails.

Yes, but there is a third party application that might work better.

EagleFiler by Michael Tsai (author of SpamSieve) $40 Free 30-day,
fully-featured trial

<http://c-command.com/eaglefiler/>

Article on Entourage Help Blog on EagleFiler:

<http://tinyurl.com/ptddsc>

One of the disadvantages of switching Identities in Entourage is you have to
quit any open Office application. If your boss has Word or Excel open he
would have to close them in order to switch. Having a search in a separate
application like EagleFiler will make it easier to search old mail.

Hope this helps!

--
Diane

Tony

May 21, 2009, 9:31:11 PM5/21/09
Hi Diane,
Thanks so much for your information, I've taken a quick look at Eagle Filer
and it looks like what I want. Just have to present it to my boss.
Tony.

valeria...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2018, 2:26:39 AM9/28/18
I will suggest you to use this third party software to Split large PST file. With this software you can split multiple pst file in few steps. Software is simple and secure. Mostly MS Outlook users use this software and got good result. Software is supported by all MS Outlook version. You can visit here for more details :- https://www.softknoll.com/split-pst/