Error 17099 Cant send any mail anymore, help!

kevs

Nov 29, 2007, 12:07:13 AM11/29/07
Wow, this is the doozies of all doozies since I've owned e mail

All of the sudden I cannot reply to or send any new e mails out.

Every singly e mail I sent says, "could not rely message, error 17099, mail
could not be sent.

These are little tiny email with no attachment, it's not a space issue.

The internet & modem are working fine. And receiving mail is no problem.

I have 10 different e mail account spread across several websites and it
happens with all of them including the four accounts I have with ISP Time
Warner. So this cannot be isolated to some setting in some accounts, it's
across the board.

Just spoke with Time Warner. The morons they are, they blame it on software.
Are they right? What should I do?

OS 10.4.11
Office 2004

Michel Bintener

Nov 29, 2007, 3:38:16 AM11/29/07
Hi kevs,

please do not post the same question more than once; I've just tried to
answer your previous question, only to find out that some of the details I
asked are already in this post.

Again, the same question applies: is it 17099, or is it -17099? Since this
is a sending issue, there might be a number of explanations: is there a
message stuck in your outbox that won't get sent? Is there a problem with
your ISP which prevents you from sending e-mail messages? Can you verify if
you can send messages using a different e-mail client, such as Thunderbird
or Apple Mail?

If nothing helps, see if rebuilding the database does not solve the problem
(in the case of a message being stuck in your outbox). Keep in mind that
rebuilding a database will also purge your categories and links, so try that
solution only if you can take that risk.

On 29/11/2007 6:07, in article C3738901.2E374%ke...@hotmail.com, "kevs"
<ke...@hotmail.com> wrote:

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP

*** Please always reply to the newsgroup. ***

kevs

Nov 29, 2007, 11:41:06 AM11/29/07
On 11/29/07 12:38 AM, in article C3743908.47F1%mbin...@NOmvpsSPAM.org,
"Michel Bintener" <mbin...@NOmvpsSPAM.org> wrote:

Thanks Michael, sorry about that, but discovered was not G mail issue.

It -17099

It has nothing to do with known issue answer as I don't send to large
groups. This nightmare is happening with just regular small e mails, as I
said.

Some e mails go out from some accounts and some not from others. All from
isp time warner, and they have no idea.

I may try rebuild database, unless someone here can come up with something
else. Thanks.

OS 10.4.11
Office 2004

kevs

Nov 29, 2007, 11:46:51 AM11/29/07
On 11/29/07 12:38 AM, in article C3743908.47F1%mbin...@NOmvpsSPAM.org,
"Michel Bintener" <mbin...@NOmvpsSPAM.org> wrote:

Michael, good news, this morning, problem seems to have passed. But it was
hell last night? Wonder why???

Was it software or fault of Time Warner, the isp?

OS 10.4.11
Office 2004

Joel McIntosh

Nov 29, 2007, 12:55:54 PM11/29/07
On 11/29/07 10:46 AM, in article C3742CFB.2E3BD%ke...@hotmail.com, "kevs"
<ke...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hey Kevs,

Entourage was likely getting a 400 (try again later) SMPT message from your
ISP's SMTP server.

In the future, if something like this pops up, follow Michel's advice and
try sending the mail from another e-mail client like Mail.app or
Thunderbird. If you can't send using one of those applications, then you
know there problem is with your ISP's SMTP server.

Michel Bintener

Nov 29, 2007, 2:15:49 PM11/29/07
On 29/11/2007 17:46, in article C3742CFB.2E3BD%ke...@hotmail.com, "kevs"
<ke...@hotmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> Michael, good news, this morning, problem seems to have passed. But it was
> hell last night? Wonder why???
>
> Was it software or fault of Time Warner, the isp?

Since nothing has changed in Entourage, it seems very likely that this is
Time Warner's fault.

kevs

Dec 1, 2007, 12:23:06 AM12/1/07
On 11/29/07 9:55 AM, in article C374594A.6EDE3%jmci...@prufrock.com, "Joel
McIntosh" <jmci...@prufrock.com> wrote:

> Entourage was likely getting a 400 (try again later) SMPT message from your
> ISP's SMTP server.

Thanks Joel:
Why would Entourage be getting this?

And why do you think it cleared up next morning?

And you, know it turns out of 12 email accounts, 5 could send mail. Why
those 5?

Now being I could send mail on few e mail accounts, what does that mean?

And if it wasn't the fault of the isp, what am I supposed to do? Everything
I do is tied up with Entourage, I can't fathon dealing with other e mail
programs, it's like I've got too much knowledge and past with Entourage.
All my signatures etc, folders are here.

Micheal,: if it's Time Warners fault, (and you are probably right,
probably),then why can't those idiots mention that possibility. They just
say, well, everything is ok on webmail, we are off the hook. Can't one of
the numerous senior level techs there say something more insightful?

But could it have been Entourages fault?
Kevs

OS 10.4.11
Office 2004

ka...@officeformac.com

Mar 27, 2008, 12:43:25 PM3/27/08
Dear Help,
Today, I am unable to send or reply to emails in my Entourage account. I am on a Mac. All other accounts (aol/gmail/comcast) are working fine.
I DO have a substantial amount of emails in my deleted box, etc.. Could this be the issue? If it is the issue, I cannot delete all of these and it would be very time-consuming to go one-by-one to delete those I don't want. Is it possible to highlight and delete multiple emails or copy and put onto a disk, etc..? Please help. THanks!

kate