Error 4362

debbie

Jan 28, 2004, 1:10:27 PM1/28/04
Since yesterday, I have been having problems with my Entourage X for
Mac -- I continue to get Error 4362 and cannot delete potentially
corrupt emails nor receive/get emails. I have run the Script Editor AND
tried turning the Preview Pane off in order to delete the mail but it is
continues to pop up error 4362. It repeatedly does this and I have to
force quit Entourage. Please help.

aRKay

Jan 29, 2004, 1:55:18 PM1/29/04
Debbie,

Good luck! I have been getting the Unknown error 4363 for about a week
with Entourage X and have no idea what it means. I get it each time I
try to add a good domain to the Junk Mail Filter.

The error 4363 was not defined in the FAQ the last time I checked.

In article <019801c3e5ca$02191aa0$3501...@phx.gbl>,

Mickey Stevens

Jan 29, 2004, 3:59:40 PM1/29/04
You probably need to rebuild the database. In Entourage X, go to Help ->
Send Feedback on Entourage. Otherwise, click on this direct link to enter
Mac Product Feedback:
<http://www.microsoft.com/mac/feedback/suggestion.asp>

There are some more tips on the Entourage Help Page.
<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/errors.html#anchor-4362X>

On 1/28/04 12:10 PM, in article 019801c3e5ca$02191aa0$3501...@phx.gbl,
"debbie" <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

--
Mickey Stevens (Microsoft MVP for Office:mac)
PowerPoint FAQ featuring PowerPoint:mac: <http://www.pptfaq.com/>

aRKay

Jan 29, 2004, 5:56:25 PM1/29/04
In article <BC3ED05C.247F1%mickey....@mvps.org>,
Mickey Stevens <mickey....@mvps.org> wrote:

> You probably need to rebuild the database. In Entourage X, go to Help ->
> Send Feedback on Entourage.

I did both the standard and the advanced and it DID NOT help. I still
get the Unknown Error 4363.

Just realized the subject is Error 4362, not 4363. Sorry about that

yuki watanabe

Jan 29, 2004, 6:10:11 PM1/29/04
Debbie,

I had the same 4362 error probelm, since last two days,
but good news!!! I did fix with the below process:

Rebuild your database. Close all Office applications, hold down Option key
and click to launch Entourage. Choose "Typical" in the first instance. If
that doesn't fix it (but it probably will), choose Advanced the next time.

This works, so try out.

Good luck for tehpeople have Errror 4362 problems.

yuki watanabe

Barry N. Wainwright

Feb 1, 2004, 3:26:54 AM2/1/04
On 29/1/04 10:56 pm, in article
noemail-D044E0...@newssvr24-ext.news.prodigy.com, "aRKay"
<noe...@foobar.com> wrote:

Check you startup items in system prefs - the Microsoft Database daemon
may/should be listed there. If there is more than one, that is the cause of
your problems.

Even if there is only one, delete it/them (a 'good' one will be recreated on
first launch of an office app if 'notifications' is turned on) and restart
your mac.

--
Barry Wainwright
Microsoft MVP (see http://mvp.support.microsoft.com for details)

Please post responses to this newsgroup. If I ask you to contact me
off-list, remove '.INVALID' from email address before replying.

aRKay

Feb 3, 2004, 4:31:10 PM2/3/04
Barry,

I could not find a Microsoft Database daemon in my Preferences file. I
did find the file in the Applications folder with the other Microsoft
stuff. Help..... where should I look?

In article <BC4268CE.3BB08%ba...@barryw.net.INVALID>,

Paul Berkowitz

Feb 4, 2004, 9:37:38 AM2/4/04
In Panther:

Dock/System Preferences/Accounts/Startup Items tab

In Jaguar (if I remember correctly):

Dock/System Preferences/Login Items

In both cases, if Microsoft Database Daemon appears there, select it, then
click the "‹" (minus) button to Remove it. If there's more than one
Microsoft Database Daemon there, repeat.

--
Paul Berkowitz
MVP Entourage

Please "Reply To Newsgroup" to reply to this message. Emails will be
ignored.

PLEASE always state which version of Entourage you are using - 2001 or X.
It's often impossible to answer your questions otherwise.

aRKay

Feb 5, 2004, 8:44:18 AM2/5/04
Paul,

You are the man.... found the MS Database Daemon and there was only one
but I deleted to be safe. Resarted and still get the Error 4363 when I
to add a new domain to the junk mail filter list of good domains.

Still trying to figure out the error.

aRKay

In article <BC4643B2.546A9%berkowit@spoof_silcom.com>,

rfha...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2018, 5:51:21 PM10/3/18
On Wednesday, the 3rd of October 2018 I did what "yuki watanabe" wrote - which is "Close all Office applications, hold down Option key
and click to launch Entourage. I got the DATA REPAIR screen and simply followed the instructions.

IT WORKED -

THANKS yuki watanabe

Good luck

Rick