sites with ActiveX

1 view

vilmarci

Nov 18, 2009, 11:35:34 AM11/18/09
Dear Community,

Is there a Mac version of IE that supports ActiveX?
Actually, what is the latest version for Mac?

Thanks,
vm

Corentin Cras-Méneur

Nov 18, 2009, 12:26:14 PM11/18/09
vilmarci <dont...@mails.here> wrote:

> Dear Community,
>
> Is there a Mac version of IE that supports ActiveX?

Well the latest Mac version supports *some* ActiveX. Not much though,

> Actually, what is the latest version for Mac?

5.2.3

Corentin

--
--- Office:Mac MVP http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

vilmarci

Nov 24, 2009, 11:13:16 AM11/24/09
Sad :(
Maybe off here, but is there a reliable - native - method to view
activex-based sites on a Mac?
For some reason wine + IE does not work, and I do not want to buy windows
just to view one site.

thanks,
vm

""Corentin Cras-M�neur"" <korve...@NoSpam.mvps.org> wrote in message

Corentin Cras-Méneur

Nov 24, 2009, 1:30:47 PM11/24/09
vilmarci <dont...@mails.here> wrote:

> Sad :(
> Maybe off here, but is there a reliable - native - method to view
> activex-based sites on a Mac?

Nope. None that I've ever heard of.
ActiveX is a proprietary format and no one implemented it in their web
browser.

> For some reason wine + IE does not work, and I do not want to buy windows
> just to view one site.

Have you considered CrossOver?