Internet Explorer

Barbara

Jan 19, 2010, 9:01:01 AM1/19/10
For the past week, when I open up the computer there is an Internet Explorer
page that states this page cannot be shown. I can delete that page and then
open up Internet Explorer and the computer is okay the rest of the day. Is
there any thing I can do to delete this from coming up on my computer
everytime I turn it on. Would appreciate any input. Thank you!
--
Barbara

Corentin Cras-Méneur

Jan 20, 2010, 2:15:41 PM1/20/10

Change the Home page. It probably attempts to load a page that's
unreachable when you launch the application,

Corentin

--
--- Office:Mac MVP http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

Barbara

Jan 25, 2010, 9:21:01 AM1/25/10
Thanks for your information. I changed the home page and that didn't work.
Had the Re Director Internet Page come up again saying " This page can not be
displayed, etc. It isn't really a big problem just an inconvenience. Again
thanks. If you or anyone else has any suggestions, would appreciate.
--
Barbara

"Corentin Cras-Méneur" wrote:

> Remove "NoSpam" to e-mail me - Retirez "NoSpam" pour m'écrire
>
> .

Corentin Cras-Méneur

Jan 25, 2010, 11:00:08 AM1/25/10
On 2010-01-25 09:21:01 -0500, Barbara said:

> Thanks for your information. I changed the home page and that didn't work.
> Had the Re Director Internet Page come up again saying " This page can not be
> displayed, etc. It isn't really a big problem just an inconvenience. Again
> thanks. If you or anyone else has any suggestions, would appreciate.

Do you have any problem if you launch any other Web browser on your Mac??
Have you tried Safari for instance?

Corentin

--
--- Office:Mac MVP http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
MVPs are not MS employees - Les MVP ne travaillent pas pour MS

Remove "NoSpam" to e-mail me - Retirez "NoSpam" pour m'�crire

ovalking

Jan 28, 2010, 3:29:23 PM1/28/10
In article <997387AB-AD02-4D90...@microsoft.com>

=?Utf-8?B?QmFyYmFyYQ==?=, Bar...@discussions.microsoft.com writes:
>For the past week, when I open up the computer there is an Internet Explorer
>page that states this page cannot be shown.

Is there something in your startup items folder that is opening IE? The
URL of the errant page should give you a clue.
G.

Barbara

Feb 4, 2010, 9:15:01 AM2/4/10
Sorry, I haven't got back to you sooner but have been in the hospital. I do
not have a Mac computer. The computer is a Dell. I changed the home page
to another home page before I shut down the computer for the night. The next
morning when I opened the computer as I mentioned it had a screen that had
ReDirector at the top of the page and the message was that this page cannot
be displayed, etc. I have no idea what page it means. I checked the
diagnose problem and there was no problem with the Internet connection, etc.
The page is there every morning when I open the computer up. I click that
page off and go to my home page and the home page is the day before but I
click on "Refresh" and the current home page comes up. I do think all of
this is connected someway but don't know how to fix it. I do appreciate your
help and would appreciate any other suggestions you have. Thanks again!

--
Barbara

"Corentin Cras-Méneur" wrote:

> Remove "NoSpam" to e-mail me - Retirez "NoSpam" pour m'écrire
>
> .

Corentin Cras-Méneur

Feb 4, 2010, 9:33:24 AM2/4/10
On 2010-02-04 09:15:01 -0500, Barbara said:

> Sorry, I haven't got back to you sooner but have been in the hospital.

I'm sorry to hear that Barbara,

> I do
> not have a Mac computer. The computer is a Dell.

Welllllllll, you are in the newsgroup for Internet Explorer for Mac
(hence the "mac.explorer" at the end of the name).
You might want to repost in one of the regular IE groups.

����������Corentin

--
--- Office:Mac MVP http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
MVPs are not MS employees - Les MVP ne travaillent pas pour MS

Remove "NoSpam" to e-mail me - Retirez "NoSpam" pour m'�crire

Barbara

Feb 5, 2010, 3:44:09 PM2/5/10
I don't know. What should I look for in the Start Up items? I can open the
Start Up items and send you a list of what is on there, etc. I am not
technically knowledgeable about the intricates of computers. Would
appreciate your help and do appreciate your quick response. Thanks!
Barbara

"ovalking" wrote:

> .

ovalking

Feb 7, 2010, 4:08:35 AM2/7/10
Sorry, I can't offer any further advice - I assumed you were using a Mac.
You don't say what the URL (address) of the errant page was, but I again
suggest that will give you a clue.
G.