Internet Explorer for Mac 5.1+

sst...@officeformac.com

Jan 7, 2010, 1:20:21 PM1/7/10
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a new iMac and need IE browser for one site. Where do I get this download? I cannot seem to find it on Microsoft's site or on Mactopia

Corentin Cras-Méneur

Jan 7, 2010, 1:53:27 PM1/7/10

Well it’s completely antiquated now and has been abandoned by MS for years.
You might be better of using another web browser and ask it to pretend
to be IE for the sites you need to access (OmniWeb makes this really
easy through the site preferences).

In any case, you can still find IE here:
http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Internet-Utilities/Internet-Explorer.shtml

Corentin

--
--- Office:Mac MVP http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

sst...@officeformac.com

Jan 7, 2010, 7:52:02 PM1/7/10
Thank you for taking the time to answer me. I will download IE from the URL you sent me. IE is very antiquated and sometimes I can get Safari to work when a site specifically asks for IE when using a Mac. However, there is one site I still need to use which requires Mac users to use IE; they do not support Safari or Firefox for Mac. I even tried Opera.

Corentin Cras-Méneur

Jan 8, 2010, 9:26:08 AM1/8/10

That’s why I mentioned that you can fool the website by making your
browser pretend to be IE :-)

sst...@officeformac.com

Jan 8, 2010, 12:01:28 PM1/8/10
I did download IE and will look into OmniWeb. Thanks, again