Corrupt Temporary Internet Files folder

1 view

Stan P

Dec 24, 2009, 2:23:01 PM12/24/09
When I try to open my local User account Temporary Internet Files folder, it
pauses fo a while then returns with a message that the C Drive is not
formatted, do I want to ? I say no.
This also may have something to do with my sluggish startup up of IE8,
Anyone with a fix for this? Attempts to delete the folder via Safe mode and
Administrator signon says it cannot delete since it is not empty. Attempts
to open the folder gives the same results as mentioned before.

Marco

Dec 26, 2009, 5:40:01 PM12/26/09
hum it sounds serious...

I guess your hard drive is in trouble.
Did you scan the drive for damaged clusters ?

Corentin Cras-Méneur

Dec 28, 2009, 10:25:07 AM12/28/09
Stan P <St...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> When I try to open my local User account Temporary Internet Files folder, it
> pauses fo a while then returns with a message that the C Drive is not
> formatted, do I want to ? I say no.

By the way, you know you're in the newsgroup for IE for Mac right??
You might have far more chances to get on the point answers by reposting
in other, more relevant groups.

... though, I agree with Marco. It might indicate issues on your drive.
In any case, it wouldn't hurt to check the hard drive for problems of
the sort.

Corentin

--
--- Office:Mac MVP http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---