Application Exe Icon

Tito Kumar

Jan 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/19/99
This may be something very basic:
I was trying different icons for my main form.

My problem is that the application icon (associated with the exe), when
compiled does not default to the main menu icon but uses the close file icon
no matter what. I am not sure how it got associated with this icon in the
first place.

what am i missing???
thanks!

Rusty Miller

Jan 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/20/99
All the *.ico files in your project get put into the *.exe's resource. This
is actually a bug as it should only put in one which you select and package
the rest in a Java resource.

To work around this, make sure the icon you want displayed for you *.exe is
the only one in your project. If you have other icon's renaming them to
*.icon and explicitly including them on the "Output format" tab of your
"Project Properties" dialog should work.

Thanks,
Rusty Miller
Visual J++ product team
Tito Kumar <tito....@lc.ca.gov> wrote in message

Tim Gerken

Jan 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/21/99
Explorer will associate the first icon it bumps into in your application
with your .exe file.
The icons are added to your application in alphabetical order. If you have
multiple icons
in your application and you want to associate a particular one, make sure
it sorts before
the other icons (prepend an underscore "_" to the name).

Tim Gerken
Microsoft Visual J++ 6.0 product team