can't install SP3; missing update.inf file

1 view

lynn

Feb 14, 2009, 1:25:01 AM2/14/09
I downloaded SP3 several months ago and decided to wait to install it. Now
when I go to MS, they check my machine for updates and tell me it's
downloaded and ready to install. But when I try to install it, it tells me
that update.inf file is missing and install failed. But I am given no options
to fix it. I thought if I deleted any existing SP3 files I could start over
again, but I can't find it to delete it. Any suggestions? Thanks.