Windows 7 SP1 ShellExecute HANDLE

Alexey Melnikov

Feb 22, 2012, 8:11:01 AM2/22/12
I have got a issue with HANDLE returned by ShellExecute on Windows 7 SP1.
I try to run OnScreenKeyboard and get handle to newly created process. After that I try to wait on this handle with WaitForSingleObject and function returned immediately with code WAIT_OBJECT_0 but OSK process is still running. I try to investigate this issue and get PID and process name for returned HANDLE. Both of them look valid but if I try to enumerate currently running process there is no process with such PID. Also PID obtained from ShellExecute's HANDLE didn't correspond to OSK process PID that I see in TaskManager. I experience such issue only on Windows 7 with SP1 installed both 32/64 bit. On Windows 7 32bit without SP1 all works flawlessly. Could you please point me some information about this misbehaviour?