Class action suit against Microsoft?

Zalek...@hotmail.com

Dec 12, 2009, 6:03:43 PM12/12/09
I think I found a case.
On my disk I had Linux and WinXP, dual boot was done by GRUB and had
no problems. One day WinXP crushed and needed to reinstalled it.
Reinstallation of WinXP destroyd my GRUB - so I could not use Linux
until I reinstall the GRUB.
I installed Linux many time on the same disk with Win and Linux NEVER
destroyed my dual boot properties. There no valid reason for
Microsoft destroy GRUB except of purposely destroying competing
software. I searched the Web and I am not only one who had this
problem. On the other side Microsoft will not destroy any other
Microsoft OS - special file boot.ini takes care of situation if
someone wants to have dual boot with WinXP and WinMe or other
Microsoft OS.
Are there any lawyers who want to make a buck and a glory?

Zalek

Bert Hyman

Dec 12, 2009, 7:20:18 PM12/12/09
In news:4688i5dlpuka9pdjs...@4ax.com
Zalek...@hotmail.com wrote:

> There no valid reason for Microsoft destroy GRUB except of purposely
> destroying competing software.

Sure there's a reason, although you probably won't think it's a good
one.

The guy(s) who wrote the Windows code had never heard of GRUB. The
guy(s) who wrote GRUB had certainly heard of Windows.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN be...@iphouse.com

Dec 12, 2009, 11:57:38 PM12/12/09
Bert Hyman <be...@iphouse.com> wrote in news:Xns9CDFBA8C99787VeebleFetzer@
216.250.188.140:

> In news:4688i5dlpuka9pdjs...@4ax.com
> Zalek...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>> There no valid reason for Microsoft destroy GRUB except of purposely
>> destroying competing software.
>
> Sure there's a reason, although you probably won't think it's a good
> one.
>
> The guy(s) who wrote the Windows code had never heard of GRUB. The
> guy(s) who wrote GRUB had certainly heard of Windows.

The windows coders aren't idiots. They know all about grub and lilo

Trawley Trash

Dec 13, 2009, 10:41:34 AM12/13/09
On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 22:57:38 -0600
z <z...@yada.yada.com> wrote:

> The windows coders ...

> know all about grub and lilo

They would if the documentation was in Hindi.