Cannot open IE7

Graley

Feb 16, 2008, 4:11:50 PM2/16/08
With win xp SP2, when I go to windows update, nothing happens.

If I try to open IE7 it opens for a fraction of a second and disappears.

If I try to download a new IE7 it tells me I alreday have it and cannot
proceed.

If I try to erase the old IE7 it tells me cannot do because it is in
use. But all programs are shut down..

If I try to download and install IE6, no go, because I have a later version.

I have virus checked with F Secure. OK it says.

I have tried starting IE7 (no add-ons). Still will not open IE7.

I appear to be stuck.

Any ideas most welcome

Ernie

Feb 17, 2008, 7:21:41 AM2/17/08

"Graley" <OMIT.h...@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message

Here is what I did. I deleted all files in IE folder and had no problem
downloading IE7 from Microsoft.