IEAK 7 Questions

Linn Kubler

Jan 12, 2010, 5:13:22 PM1/12/10

Trying to build a corporate distribution for IE7. When I get to the
Additional Settings | Corporate Restrictions | Software Updates, what does
this mean?

My options are:

Disable automatic install of IE components.

Disable periodic check for IE software updates and bug fixes.

Disable software update shell notifications on program launch.

I've looked around my IE7 installation and I haven't found anything related
to auto or periodic updates other than the Windows Update option. Anyone
know what they are referring to here?

Thanks in advance,
Linn

rob^_^

Jan 12, 2010, 7:46:42 PM1/12/10
Hi Linn,

Open up GPEdit.msc and navigate to those Restrictions keys.

A detailed description of the meanings of those settings is given there.

Regards.

"Linn Kubler" <lku...@chartwellwisc2.com> wrote in message

Linn Kubler

Jan 13, 2010, 3:43:15 PM1/13/10
Ah, thanks for the tip Rob. So I disabled the periodic check for IE
software updates and bug fixes but it didn't work. After the installation I
checked GPEdit.msc and it still shows this option as not configured.
Everything else seems to have work, as best I can tell.

Any suggestions as to why this wouldn't work? The computer is a member of a
2003 domain.

Thanks,
Linn

"rob^_^" <iecust...@hotmail.com> wrote in message