Re: Upgrage IE7 to IE8 adds a new msn.com homepage.

Robert Aldwinckle

Jul 30, 2009, 9:49:41 PM7/30/09
(cross-post added to IEAK)
"JP Breton" <jp.b...@videotron.ca> wrote in message news:607BE8C7-73DB-4335...@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> I am using SCCM to deploy IE8 to my Vista SP1 PC.
>
> I used the IEAK kit and build a my MSI.
>
> When I deploy IE8 to my users, it adds an MSN homepage (msn.com) .
> I am already pushing out a default homepage thru GPO to my users, so the
> effect is tht it adds a second homepage.

As a second tab? Others have been asking how to do that. ; )
If so, which one is first? If it's yours with the appropriate tab options
set there really shouldn't be much of a problem should there?
E.g. you could arrange it so that yours was the only one which
ever showed unless the user actually went into the Tools menu...
Oh, if you gave them the Home page button in the toolbar they could
also click on its down arrow... but how many would do that? <eg>

> I don't have the MSN toolbar or any other Live item installed.
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> Jean-Philippe
>
> --
> JP

Second IEAK post today. What's going on? ; )
Cross-posting in case a community ever develops
in the IEAK NG.

FWIW the last time I used IEAK it was called IEAK5. ; }

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---