Slow Data Load

Lee Vance

Dec 14, 2007, 12:29:02 PM12/14/07
I have a template that has a lot of secondary datasources that pull from a
SQL Server. I have them set to load data automatically but not to cache the
data locally as it is updated often.

The form opens really slowly for editing. I've got all the appropriate
indexes on my tables. Is there a way to spead up the load process or have it
load in the background?

Thanks,

Lee

Clay Fox

Dec 14, 2007, 1:23:02 PM12/14/07
Hi Lee.
hardware speed, can be slow.

Here are some options.
For your secondary data connections limit the columns to just the data
fields you are using. You may need multiple data connections to the same
table and each grabs a different amount of columns. Do not waste resources
on loading all the fields at form open.
Sometimes it is better to not have them load automatically and only load
them as you need. Maybe have the DC for the initial dropdown load
automatically and then use rule actions to query the next one needed after
the first dropdown selection, etc.

Best practice is to use web services for your data connections. They are
more efficient and you can query the tables so you do not have to load all of
the data in the table. You can check out the Database Accelerator download at
http://www.qdabra.com
--
Thanks

Clay Fox

Qdabra Software
http://www.qdabra.com

InfoPathDev.Com
The Largest InfoPath Forum in the World
http://www.infopathdev.com

BobCh

Dec 19, 2007, 12:20:41 PM12/19/07
1) Delay retrieval until after the form loads.
2) Use web services, since they can cache the request.
3) InfoPath Forms services are much faster if you can afford the
server license. Also, the features are limited .vs the full IP
client.

HTH

On Dec 14, 12:29 pm, Lee Vance <LeeVa...@discussions.microsoft.com>

pamelaf...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2016, 5:36:09 PM1/8/16
It is really slow or of doesn't load at all what could be wrong like I want to go to my gmail it will just sit and spin