Create conditional required field in workflow process

rob.rob...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2014, 3:07:59 PM8/22/14
I'm new to InfoPath, my company is using SharePoint 2010 with OOB workflows using InfoPath forms. We have a form that I need to add a required field after the request is submitted and is being reviewed for approval.

Initial request is submitted to SharePoint.
Manager receives notification of new request needs approval
Manager opens the request- we would like them to update a field that says "Approved"/"Rejected" which is view able from the SharePoint lists. This is required from an auditing perspective. Open to suggestions... wondering if it would be easier to add buttons that say "Approved" "Rejected"?

Regards,
Rob