VBScript runtime error

Kyle

Jul 26, 2002, 10:50:09 PM7/26/02
Hopefully someone can help me resolve this issue. It was difficult to
find information by searching directly for the error message.

I recently created a simple document with the contents:
<%
Dim objRegEx
Set objRegEx = New RegExp

Set objRegEx = Nothing
%>

I got the error message:
Microsoft VBScipt Runtime (0x800A01B0)
File name or class name not found during Automation
operation: 'RegExp'

I get a similar error, even if I use CreateObject, Date, or anything
else.

Has anyone else encountered an error similar to this? Is there a way
I could get to make sure the class/object is registered with the
system? Any input is welcomed, and thank you in advance for any
contributions.

Michael Logan

Jul 27, 2002, 1:12:37 AM7/27/02
You may want to reinstall VBScript on the server?

--
Michael Logan MCP

"Kyle" <kyle...@collegeclub.com> wrote in message

Kyle

Jul 28, 2002, 4:54:33 PM7/28/02
I re-registered the vbscript.dll file with the server, and all is
well. For anyone else reading this, who may have encountered the
error, the syntax is:
--> c:\windows\system32>regsvr32 vbscript.dll <--

Thanks again for the suggestions.