WCF from Classic ASP?

vunet

Feb 16, 2011, 4:10:37 PM2/16/11
to vady...@yahoo.com
I want to use a WCF client written in ASP. Can anyone send me in a
right direction for a quick and easy solution? I cannot have any
complicated server installations because web page is hosted on third
party hosting environment. I just need a quick and simple WCF
interpreter in ASP (or possibly PHP if it's easier?).
Thank you.

Evertjan.

Feb 16, 2011, 5:30:08 PM2/16/11

This NG is for classic ASP, not for ASP.net, btw.

Why would you need such, as you can write your final functionality directly
in ASP, I would think, without having any notion what you aim to use such
client for. ;-(

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

vunet

Feb 17, 2011, 10:28:02 AM2/17/11
Thank you for reply. I think I was confusing in my post. This is
because I am not so much experienced with WSDL. I think what I need is
an ASP client which would get/parse/handle data from WSDL which looks
like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" standalone="yes"?>
<service xml:base="http:/host.com/Service.svc/" xmlns:atom="http://
www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xmlns:app="http://www.w3.org/2007/app"
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2007/app">
<workspace>
<atom:title>Default</atom:title>
<collection href="XXX">
<atom:title>XXX</atom:title>
</collection>
<collection href="XXX">
<atom:title>XXX</atom:title>
</collection>
</workspace>
</service>

and there is a metadata file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" standalone="yes"?>
<edmx:Edmx Version="1.0" xmlns:edmx="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ado/
2007/06/edmx">
<edmx:DataServices xmlns:m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ado/2007/08/
dataservices/metadata" m:DataServiceVersion="1.0">
<Schema Namespace="PMLNYModel" xmlns:d="http://
schemas.microsoft.com/ado/2007/08/dataservices" xmlns:m="http://
schemas.microsoft.com/ado/2007/08/dataservices/metadata" xmlns="http://
schemas.microsoft.com/ado/2008/09/edm">
<EntityType Name="xxx">
<Key>
<PropertyRef Name="xxxID" />
</Key>
</Schema>
</edmx:DataServices>
</edmx:Edmx>

Please advise.

Evertjan.

Feb 17, 2011, 10:54:48 AM2/17/11
vunet wrote on 17 feb 2011 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> Thank you for reply. I think I was confusing in my post.

This is usenet, a one to n medium, so please always include essential
quoting in your reply.

> This is
> because I am not so much experienced with WSDL. I think what I need is
> an ASP client which would get/parse/handle data from WSDL which looks
> like this:

I do not know what "an ASP-client" means.

Classic ASP is a serverside platform for several computer-languages,
like VBscript and Javascript.

Parsing can be done by importing the below script as a string and
programming to extract and manipulate the extracted data.

Perhaps there would exist a "COM object" that can be mounted on the
server that could "natively" do something with the said string?
I doubt it, but Google is your friend.

http://www.google.com/search?q=asp+wdsl+parser

The word "atom" rings a bell, perhaps this is some kind of RRS?

http://www.google.com/search?q=asp+atom+parser

Again, perhaps you mean asp.net, a totally different piece of cake.
Talking about asp.net is off limits in this NG.

vunet

Feb 17, 2011, 3:00:18 PM2/17/11
> This is usenet, a one to n medium, so please always include essential
> quoting in your reply.

Thanks for the note!

> I do not know what "an ASP-client" means.

Not "ASP-client" - I meant "ASP client" or "client" written in ASP :)
I do not know what ASP-client means either!

But seriously, I do not know how to proceed based on those 2 files
structure. I see examples of some ASP SOAP codes but... what should
I?.. copy paste it? What does it look those 2 files do? Where is the
data? They look like a description (scheme) but how to retrieve data I
do not know...

Evertjan.

Feb 17, 2011, 4:26:16 PM2/17/11
vunet wrote on 17 feb 2011 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

>> This is usenet, a one to n medium, so please always include essential
>> quoting in your reply.
>
> Thanks for the note!
>

>> I do not know what "an ASP-client" means.
>
> Not "ASP-client" - I meant "ASP client" or "client" written in ASP :)
> I do not know what ASP-client means either!
>
> But seriously, I do not know how to proceed based on those 2 files
> structure. I see examples of some ASP SOAP codes but... what should
> I?.. copy paste it? What does it look those 2 files do? Where is the
> data? They look like a description (scheme) but how to retrieve data I
> do not know...

With clasic ASP you can just write a parser using Javascript or VBscript
that gets tehe information that you want from a text string. You could get
that text string using server.httpxml from another website.

But seriously, you should first know what you want to do with the result.

And you should be able to write some decent scripting code.

Otherwise hire a professional.

as...@dezignwhizgroups.com

Apr 23, 2014, 4:19:15 AM4/23/14