InternetErrorDlg does not save password

Egon Kocjan

Dec 6, 2008, 9:41:04 AM12/6/08
Hello,

I am using this code to ask the user for the web proxy password (error 407):

bool get_password(HWND wnd, HINTERNET handle)
{
DWORD ret = InternetErrorDlg(
wnd ? wnd : GetDesktopWindow(),
handle,
ERROR_INTERNET_INCORRECT_PASSWORD,
FLAGS_ERROR_UI_FILTER_FOR_ERRORS |
FLAGS_ERROR_UI_FLAGS_CHANGE_OPTIONS |
FLAGS_ERROR_UI_FLAGS_GENERATE_DATA,
NULL);

return ret == ERROR_INTERNET_FORCE_RETRY;
}

It works ok, the next time I request to download something, WinInet
authenticates automatically, I don't get 407 at all anymore.

The problem is, even if I check the "Save password", the password is not
really saved. So, when I close and open my program again, the error
dialog will be empty and I have to enter the password again!

What bothers me even more: Internet Explorer (version 7 on Vista)
displays the same dialog and the password is saved*.

What do I have to do to have passwords saved like Internet Explorer?

* I've also checked with CredEnumerateW - it shows as
target=Microsoft_WinInet_PROXY/REALM

Thanks,
Egon

jack...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2012, 6:49:19 AM12/11/12
Hello, Egon Kocjan.
I have same issue, did you solve your one??

Thanks!