InternetCloseHandle() Hangs

hector santos

Apr 2, 2002, 9:42:10 PM4/2/02
I have a 4 year old ftp scripting client product using WININET.DLL.

I recently updated it and added the FtpCommand() to send QUOTE commands.

The first thing I noticed is that the the InternetCloseHandle() is hanging
in closing the FTP connection handle after a FtpCommand() is used.

I tested/traced a FTP session against our FTP server and I noticed that
WININET.DLL never sends a QUIT
command to the FTP server.

So I what I did was send the QUOTE QUIT command prior to using the
InternetCloseHandle() and it worked.
InternetCloseHandle() does not hang any more.

Question:

Shouldn't the InternetCloseHandle() for FTP connection handle send the QUIT
command to the server?
If you debug/trace the Windows FTP.EXE client, you will see it issue a QUIT
command when you type the CLOSE command.

And why would InternetCloseHandle() hang in the first place?

Thanks in Advance

--
Hector Santos
Wildcat! Interactive Net Server

engp...@gmail.com

Dec 15, 2016, 3:35:37 AM12/15/16
Hi there. Can you tell me how do you send the QUIT command prior to he CloseHandle to FTP using the WinInit DLL. I can't find any class to call. I think I am having similar issue that the IIS (on NT4) crashes after a week of open/closing.