How can I get the signal when user changes the proxy setting in Internet Options..

Charles Liu

Mar 18, 2010, 9:58:10 AM3/18/10
Hi, everyone:

I'm trying to write a browser by QT, and I found the
QNetworkProxyFactory::setUseSystemConfiguration()

could use the proxy server that is set in "Internet Options".

But it just reads this information once. When user changes a proxy
server manually, it still use the old one.

So, I want to know how can I get some event message emitted by system,
and I will reset the proxy settings

when I receive the event.

Does any event can be emitted when user changes the proxy information
in Internet Options?

Best Regards!!

Sheng Jiang [MVP]

Mar 19, 2010, 2:09:42 PM3/19/10
IE probably broadcast a WM_SETTINGCHANGE to all top level window with the
registry key in lparam.
Note when the user press OK in IE option window and multiple settings are
changed, you may get a bunch of WM_SETTINGCHANGE messages.

"Charles Liu" <bca0...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Charles Liu

Mar 23, 2010, 10:58:44 AM3/23/10
On 3月20日, 上午2時09分, "Sheng Jiang [MVP]"

<sheng_ji...@hotmail.com.discuss> wrote:
> IE probably broadcast a WM_SETTINGCHANGE to all top level window with the
> registry key in lparam.
> Note when the user press OK in IE option window and multiple settings are
> changed, you may get a bunch of WM_SETTINGCHANGE messages.
>
> "Charles Liu" <bca05...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi, everyone:
>
> > I'm trying to write a browser by QT, and I found the
> > QNetworkProxyFactory::setUseSystemConfiguration()
>
> > could use the proxy server that is set in "Internet Options".
>
> > But it just reads this information once. When user changes a proxy
> > server manually, it still use the old one.
>
> > So, I want to know how can I get some event message emitted by system,
> > and I will reset the proxy settings
>
> > when I receive the event.
>
> > Does any event can be emitted when user changes the proxy information
> > in Internet Options?
>
> > Best Regards!!

I have finished my program by your suggestion.

Thanks very much......^_^