APP Handler: Redirect to file: protocol not working

haupt...@yahoo.com

Aug 18, 2014, 5:11:37 AM8/18/14
Using the - generally recommended -

InternetProtocolImpl::Start(...)
{
// redirect:
pOIProtSink->ReportProgress(BINDSTATUS_REDIRECTING, newUrl);
pOIProtSink->ReportResult(INET_E_REDIRECT_FAILED, 302, newUrl);
}

I can redirect to an HTTP: URL, but not to a file: URL.

I tried various forms of the "newURL", including the result of UrlCreateFromPath

The browser just shows the usual

"This page cannot be shown.
Ensure that web address //ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm# is correct"

(my translation to english, actual wording may vary)

Windows 8.1, IE11

----

More info: Of IInternetProtocol, I implement Start, Abort and Terminate and Read (other methods don't get called).

My attempts at implementing IInternetProtocolInfo, particulary QueryInfo weren't exactly helpful, MSDN is pretty spartse on that topic, and I found no documentaiton / samples suggestions when an how to do that.