Anybody ever vtable patched the Asynchronous Pluggable Protocol methods before?

wthn...@gmail.com

Nov 8, 2014, 9:42:41 PM11/8/14
When I want to monitor HTTP/HTTPS on a single tab and I use the normal APP approach (like Igor's famous PassthruAPP example) Microsoft forces HTTP/S over a single download thread in the entire process.

This wouldn't be so bad except that when two tabs share the same process, and I'm not interested in the second tab, they both suffer. This causes havoc on sites that download lots of frames (Yahoo Homes I'm looking at you...)

I've heard you can avoid this by not registering for the namespace and instead hot patching the methods directly (letting you call the original methods if you wish for tabs you're not interested in tracking...)

WTH

slav...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2015, 6:02:44 PM8/26/15
You can look at what Google did in its Google gears project.