PassthruAPP & concurrent item downloads

wats...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2010, 7:47:22 PM4/2/10

I've noticed that PassthruApp can cause HTTP GETs to be issued
sequentially one at a time instead of the normal two concurrent
downloads. I can see that two IInternetProtocol objects getting
created, but IE uses only one at a time. This is with IE7.

The odd thing is that the problem occurs even when overriding the
existing default http/https handler, even if the handler is not the
one being used to make the request. E.g. Registering a handler for
the 'https' protocol will cause 'http' requests to be made
sequentially, even though 'http' requests are not hooked.

I installed Google Gears and it has the same problem.

This always happens for the first few items on the page, but it seems
that after the document complete is issued, concurrent downloads can
occur again. For example in Javascript code that is executed after
the page has finished loading.

Does anyone have any leads on this issue?

I guess I could try the V-Table thunk solution mentioned on this list
before, but since that is what Gears uses I'm not sure it would help.

Thanks!
-Mark

wats...@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2010, 12:15:28 AM4/6/10
The V-Table thunk solution worked for me:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2569878