Tables and onmouseout

Nathan Sokalski

Aug 31, 2009, 9:56:29 PM8/31/09
I have a table in which I want to use the onmouseout event. This would be
fine, except when moving from the padding to the cells, the event is fired
as well. Is there any way to avoid this problem? Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks.
--
Nathan Sokalski
njsok...@hotmail.com

Martin Honnen

Sep 1, 2009, 7:40:03 AM9/1/09
Nathan Sokalski wrote:
> I have a table in which I want to use the onmouseout event. This would be
> fine, except when moving from the padding to the cells, the event is fired
> as well. Is there any way to avoid this problem? Any help would be
> appreciated. Thanks.

IE has onmouseleave
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms536946(VS.85).aspx
which might be more what you want.

--

Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/

Evertjan.

Sep 1, 2009, 10:37:01 AM9/1/09
Nathan Sokalski wrote on 01 sep 2009 in
microsoft.public.scripting.jscript:

> I have a table in which I want to use the onmouseout event. This would
> be fine, except when moving from the padding to the cells, the event
> is fired as well. Is there any way to avoid this problem? Any help
> would be appreciated. Thanks.

Methinks the padding is part of <td>, the cell if you like,
perhaps you mean the text and the non text part?

Try filling the cell with a <div> and using the div's mouse events.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Nathan Sokalski

Sep 1, 2009, 6:08:14 PM9/1/09
First, both the table and cell have padding (it might be set to 0 in some
cases, but it's still there). But regardless of what is in the cells, the
onmouseout event will be triggered when the cursor moves from the main table
area into one of the cells. Maybe I am misunderstanding your suggestion.

"Evertjan." <exjxw.ha...@interxnl.net> wrote in message

Evertjan.

Sep 1, 2009, 6:25:45 PM9/1/09
Nathan Sokalski wrote on 02 sep 2009 in
microsoft.public.scripting.jscript:

[Please do not toppost on usenet]

> First, both the table and cell have padding (it might be set to 0 in
> some cases, but it's still there).

if it is set ot 0, it is not "there".

> But regardless of what is in the
> cells, the onmouseout event will be triggered when the cursor moves
> from the main table area into one of the cells.

That depends on where you set the eventlistener.

> Maybe I am misunderstanding your suggestion.

Not at all, I do not understand the OQ, it seems.

Why not show some example code?