Disabling Buttons on a form

Steve Gomez

Jun 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/6/00
Hello all,

I was wondering if there was a way to disable buttons on a form via
javascript that works in Netscape? Syntax?

-Steve

Steve Fulton

Jun 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/6/00
document.daform.dabutton.onclick=null;

If you want to re-enable the button, you should save the onclick handler:

saveit=document.daform.dabutton.onclick;

Before you save it, you should check that the handler is not currently null.
You wouldn't want to lose the handler by "disabling" the button twice. (Also,
make sure you save it to a global variable.) To enable the button again, just
restore its onclick handler:

document.daform.dabutton.onclick=saveit;

=-=-=
Steve
-=-=-

"Steve Gomez" <gom...@infinity-software.com> wrote in message

Jon N.

Jun 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/6/00
I know this has nothing to do with java but is quite weird. One of you is
Steve Fulton and the other one is Steve Gomez.
"Steve Fulton" <cerbe...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

sgome...@students.southplainscollege.edu

Sep 7, 2013, 9:51:05 PM9/7/13