IE8 Not Working After Update

maynard09

Dec 10, 2009, 7:53:02 PM12/10/09
I currently run Windows Vista on my computer. My computer is set to do
updates automatically. I have had this same computer for 4 years and NEVER
had a problem with it. Today, Windows Update ran and installed several
updates, one of which was "Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8
for Windows Vista (KB976325)" along with "Update for Windows Vista (KB970430)
and "Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - December 2009 (KB890830), and
every since then, my Internet Explorer will not work. It does not load up
any web page. When I do a diagnostic test on it, it tells me that all
connections are working properly. I do have Mozilla Fire Fox as well, and it
is working just fine, but several of my main programs apparently will only
work with Internet Explorer 8. Can you tell me how to fix this problem. I
tried downloading and reinstalling Internet Explorer 8 again, but it tells me
that there is a newer version already installed on my computer and it shuts
down. How is that possible, since IE 8 is the latest version, so I thought.