Unable to copy Outlook Express address book to another computer

Sachi Noma

Apr 6, 2001, 10:28:33 PM4/6/01
Unable to copy Outlook Express address book to another computer

I have 2 computers with win98SE and outlook express V 5.50.4133.2400. The
user names on both computers are the same (same wab name).

Up to now I was able to simply copy my *.wab file from windows\application
data\Microsoft\Address Book to my second computer but all of a sudden it is
not working. When I copy the *.wab file to my second computer, open my
outlook express, none of the data from my address book comes up. I do
realize that user names on the *.wab files must be the same to copy to the
second computer. Do I have something corrupt? Does anyone know how I can
solve this problem so I can continue using the simple copy method to copy
the address book to a second computer?

My main computer's wab file is about 500K.

When I used the export method to take my wab file to my second computer,
the export operations took about 30minutes and the file size became 1.8mb.
Using the import function on my second computer, I was able to copy the
address book properly. However this is not as easy as simply copying the
necessary wab file.

Can someone help? Thank you.

--

★♭♪★♭♪★♭♪★♭♪★♭♪★♭♪★♭♪★♭♪★♭♪★♭♪★♭♪★♭♪
★Best regards from Japan

Sandi Hardmeier MVP

Apr 6, 2001, 10:58:39 PM4/6/01
Hello Sachi,

Open the Addressbook on the problem machine, and make sure that 'view
folders and groups' is turned on.

Also, make sure you have OE shut down, rename the old *.wab to *.wa1 and
then copy over the new *.wab.

I am sure you have already doublechecked that you are copying the *.wab to
the correct directory. I note that both machines use the same version of OE.
This is important because newer versions of the *.wab are not compatible
with older versions of OE.

Please do not send an email unless asked to do so.
Sandi ...
Microsoft MVP (Internet Explorer and Outlook Express)
http://members.iinet.net.au/~sandi/MVP/index.htm

"Sachi Noma" <sno...@nyc.odn.ne.jp> wrote in message