Google Группы больше не поддерживают новые публикации и подписки в сети Usenet. Опубликованный ранее контент останется доступен.

Unable to copy Outlook Express address book to another computer

0 просмотров

Sachi Noma

не прочитано,
24 мар. 2001 г., 06:06:1524.03.2001
Unable to copy Outlook Express address book to another computer

I have 2 computers with win98SE and outlook express V 5.50.4133.2400. The
user names on both computers are the same (same wab name).

All up to now I was able to simply copy my *.wab file from
windows\application data\Microsoft\Address Book to my second computer but
all of a sudden it is not working. When I copy the *.wab file to my second
computer, open my outlook express, none of the data from my address book
comes up. I do realize that user names on the *.wab files must be the same
to copy to the second computer.

Can someone help? Thank you.

--

★♭♪★♭♪★♭♪★♭♪★♭♪★♭♪★♭♪★♭♪★♭♪★♭♪★♭♪
★Best regards from Japan, Sachi Noma

Mark L. Ferguson

не прочитано,
24 мар. 2001 г., 06:17:0024.03.2001
Open the OE address book, and use its File menu, "Import", to point at the desired WAB file you copied over.

--
Mark L. Ferguson
marfe...@hotmail.com
"Sachi Noma" <sno...@nyc.odn.ne.jp> wrote in message news:99hv3p$gsr$1...@nwall2.odn.ne.jp...

> Unable to copy Outlook Express address book to another computer
>
> I have 2 computers with win98SE and outlook express V 5.50.4133.2400. The
> user names on both computers are the same (same wab name).
>
> All up to now I was able to simply copy my *.wab file from
> windows\application data\Microsoft\Address Book to my second computer but
> all of a sudden it is not working. When I copy the *.wab file to my second
> computer, open my outlook express, none of the data from my address book
> comes up. I do realize that user names on the *.wab files must be the same
> to copy to the second computer.
>
> Can someone help? Thank you.
>
> --
>

> $B!z"u"v!z"u"v!z"u"v!z"u"v!z"u"v!z"u"v!z"u"v!z"u"v!z"u"v!z"u"v!z"u"v (B
> $B!z (BBest regards from Japan, Sachi Noma
> $B!z (BTokyo 03-5318-1770 Fax 5318-1771 Cell 070-5714-7112
> $B!z (BWeekends Tel & Fax 0468-72-5075
> $B!z (BEmail: sno...@nyc.odn.ne.jp sno...@hotmail.com
> $B!z$3$l$+$i$b59$7$/$*4j$$$7$^$9 (B
> $B!zLn4V:4CNO: (B
> $B!z"u"v!z"u"v!z"u"v!z"u"v!z"u"v!z"u"v!z"u"v!z"u"v!z"u"v!z"u"v!z"u"v (B

M. MacKenrick

не прочитано,
27 мар. 2001 г., 01:11:2627.03.2001
I'm having the same problem. If you find out how to import your old address
book, please let me know. Thanks Mike

Sachi Noma <sno...@nyc.odn.ne.jp> wrote in message

Sachi Noma

не прочитано,
7 апр. 2001 г., 21:07:0807.04.2001
Per Mark Ferguson's suggestion, when I Open the OE address book, and use its
File menu, "Import", to point at the desired WAB file that I'd like to
bring over, the process takes a long time (about 20min). My original wab
file is only 422K however after the import is finished, the file size is
1.3mb. Does anyone know why this is the case?

Also does it take that long to complete the import process?
--

????????????????????????????????????
?Best regards from Japan
?Weekends Tel & Fax 0468-72-5075
?Email: sno...@nyc.odn.ne.jp sno...@hotmail.com
???????????????
??????
????????????????????????????????????
"Mark L. Ferguson" <marfe...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Tom C. Koch

не прочитано,
9 апр. 2001 г., 19:55:3609.04.2001
The problem is that contacts are stored according to the Identity, and each
computer has its own Identity. When you simply copy the WAB file, the
contacts are still there but not in the folder belonging to the current
Identity on the 2nd computer.

In the Address Book, click View|Folders and Groups. You should see Shared
Contacts, a folder for your current Identity, and a folder for the other
computer's Identity.

--
Tom Koch MVP tk...@mvps.org Awareness is free.
Outlook Express 5 FAQs: www.tomsterdam.com/insideOE5/faqs