Error logging onto newsgroups : Secure Password Authentication failed

Scout2001

Jan 21, 2002, 10:20:46 AM1/21/02
I have been using a different software program as a newsreader.
Now I am using OutlookExpress.

Every time I send and receive mail...I get an error message saying Secure
Password Authetnication filed for news.mia.bellsouth.net

I have tried changing the option settings to NO secure password
authentication. Didn't work. Then I changed it to Secure Password
Authetnication and gave it the proper passwords. Didn't work.

However, it DOES send the mail to the newsgroup. It DOES also access the
newsgroups.

any clues?