Hyperlink Annoyance in OE6

1 view

Amerist

Nov 2, 2001, 12:22:17 AM11/2/01
When OE6 (bundled with WindowsXP) searches for hyperlinks in the newsgroup or message that I'm reading, it scrolls the window back to the top without warning, and I often lose my place if I'm reading. Is there any way to disable this most annoying "feature"?

I could not find a newsgroup specifically for Outlook Express 6

-Amerist

Amerist

Nov 2, 2001, 12:33:08 AM11/2/01
I should also mention that My CPU is running at 100% while the messages are being searched for hyperlinks.

Peter Foldes

Nov 2, 2001, 9:34:52 PM11/2/01
Annoyance is crossposting to so many groups.

Amerist

Nov 2, 2001, 9:57:37 PM11/2/01
Annoyance is being told there is a specific newsgroup for OE6 in error.

Jim C. Pickering

Nov 2, 2001, 10:14:08 PM11/2/01
Easiest way to avoid the search for hyperlinks is to disable the Preview Pane before beginning a Combine/Decode operation. Those who do this frequently add a button for the Preview Pane to the Toolbar by right clicking and selecting Customize. That's about the only time the search becomes a problem and slows things down.

PS: Was crossposting to a Chzech newsgroup really appropriate? Or for that matter was any of the crossposting required? You can solve your problem with a missing group by resetting your list of groups available on the news server.
--
Jim Pickering, MVP/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup only.