This newsgroup will be removed from Microsoft servers on 12/01/200

Kristen [MSFT]

Oct 23, 2006, 2:35:02 PM10/23/06
In an effort to better serve you, we would like you to begin using the
Internet Explorer General Newsgroup
(http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general&cat=en_us_28cca3eb-7037-4d4f-bde1-d8efee1f1420&lang=en&cr=us)
to discuss these issues. The Internet Explorer General Newsgroup has more of
your peers, Microsoft employees and MVPs available to assist you with your
questions. Please begin using the Internet Explorer General Newsgroup
today. This Internet Explorer 4 General newsgroup will be removed from our
servers on December 1, 2006.

MACJR

Oct 25, 2006, 8:46:02 AM10/25/06
Actually, the IE General Newsgroup is where I wanted to make my last post. I
did not realize that this was a separate IE area (but knew those were the
wrong groups in the "post to" choices).

The way things are organized here appear a bit chaotic to a newcomer like
me... and I am an experienced forum poster.

MACJR

--
I wanted to be like Kirk or Spock but ended up being myself instead.

Kristen [MSFT]

Oct 25, 2006, 1:33:01 PM10/25/06
We are in the process of making things easier and more straight forward for
our customers. Thank you for the feedback. Look for changes in the near
future.
Kristen

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

Oct 25, 2006, 3:12:12 PM10/25/06
"MACJR" <donotsp...@macjr.com> wrote in message

> Actually, the IE General Newsgroup is where I wanted to make my last post.
> did not realize that this was a separate IE area (but knew those were the
> wrong groups in the "post to" choices).
>
> The way things are organized here appear a bit chaotic to a newcomer like
> me... and I am an experienced forum poster.

In a newsreader like Outlook Express the newsgroups are faster and it's
easier to find replies to your posts.

In Outlook Express go to Tools | Accounts | Add (or New) | News.
Set up an account for this news server:

msnews.microsoft.com

The server is free and does not require you to logon. This news server
carries over 2200 newsgroups related to Microsoft products and keeps
messages at least 30 days.

For more detail see

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com