IE 5.5/6 refuses to install. HELP!

NeilYoung2

Aug 8, 2004, 7:58:27 PM8/8/04
I have the whole 78Mb executeable of ie6 (and the 485K
file that downloads off the Net) and
neither 5.5 or 6 will install. I current have 5, using Win
98se. NetObjects Fusion 7 requires 5.5 or
better and I MUST build someone's Web site NOW. IE Setup
just runs me around in circles,
telling me to restart, then I resume installation and it
still won't install.

I tried Typical install, Minimal/Custom install (even
selecting only the browser), and nothing.

Here are the messages I get.

Installation Incomplete
Not all components installed successfully.

The following components were not installed.

ie6 Web browser
ie exception pack
offline browsing pack
browser customizations
Internet connection wizard
ie ReadMe

! Setup was unable to install all the components. Please
close all applications and try running
setup again.

! A previous installation has pending work requiring a
reboot. You need to restart your computer
to complete that installation before running ie setup.
Setup will now close.

! Setup was unable to install all the components. Please
close all applications and try running
setup again.

Circles.

There must be a solution to this!

Does anyone know what is wrong and how to fix it?

Frostyd

Sep 27, 2004, 10:15:07 PM9/27/04
I know how you are feeling. I need help to and I have been through the same
path. I am not having fun yet. I just had my computer reformatted and this is
where I am at. If you have found out how to get an up grade to 5.0 or even
better please tell me the way to get it for this computer. I am running
windows 98. I really should get a newer one but this is what I have for now.
PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN.
Thank you Frostyd
Fro...@covad.net

Frostyd

Sep 27, 2004, 10:15:25 PM9/27/04

Bill

Feb 9, 2005, 11:53:03 AM2/9/05

"Frostyd" wrote:

Windows 98 should run ie6 no prob. try downloading it again from windows
update site i run it on 2 computers