Frank Saunders MVP

there@inthevoid.com Mario Gerada

Jun 17, 2009, 5:51:48 AM6/17/09
Hello, I need an answer from a Microsoft MVP, I hope you don't mind.

I'm using IE 8, also Outlook Express 6

I have a most important question related to the format that OE6 uses.
Can you please tell me if OE6 uses...

This format
xx...@xxxx.xxxx

or this format

mailto:xx...@xxxx.xxxxx

I'm having email trouble with a Webpage I created where the recipient is not
receiving mail
sent from a webpage. My host tells me that I must not use this format
mailto:bill...@bigpond.com.
Doesn't OE6 use this format bill...@bigpond.com without the "mailto"

Hope you don't mind the question but it is very important.

Mario

Michael Santovec

Jun 17, 2009, 7:24:10 PM6/17/09
Web pages use mailto:us...@somewhere.com

Some mail clients, including OE, will turn us...@somehere.com into a
clickable link in a received message. But that doesn't apply to what
you are trying to do.

For more information, see:
INFO: Internet Explorer MAILTO Protocol Parameters
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=188019

Don't expect any responses from Frank. He died several months ago.

"Mario Gerada" <out th...@inthevoid.com> wrote in message

there@inthevoid.com Mario Gerada

Jun 17, 2009, 10:20:02 PM6/17/09
Sorry to hear the bad news.