Windows Version for Installing IE8

msftuser

Mar 4, 2010, 10:03:01 PM3/4/10
When I attempt to install IE8 on my Windows Vista Home Premium ver 6.0 (build
6002 Service Pack 2) 4 GB computer, I get the following error message right
after install begins:
"This installation does not support your system architecture (32/64bits)."

On the "Internet Explorer 8: Worlwide sites" screen I choose United States
for Step 1 and Windows Vista as my operating system for Step2. Yet I
continue to get the above error message.

I cannot find anything on microsoft.com that states IE8 won't work on Vista
Home Premium.

Control Panel System Info lists my computer info as follows:
Processor - Intel Core Duo P8600 2.30GHz
Memory - 4GB
System type - 64-bit Operating System

Thanks for an answer.

Michael Santovec

Mar 5, 2010, 4:12:47 PM3/5/10
How to solve Internet Explorer 8 installation problems
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949220

Use the following newsgroup for questions or problems with IE

You can also get to the Internet Explorer newsgroups via this web site:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx
There select Internet Explorer

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us