IE8

Baz

Nov 2, 2009, 3:36:02 PM11/2/09
Hello
I have now twice tried to update to IE8 from IE7, using the windows update
website. On both occaisions, there was an error during the installation,
wereby a certain file could not be found and I had to Browse and direct the
upload programme to the file! It accepted my choice on both occaisions and
continued to update and complete the installation it said successfully!!
However when you tried to open IE nothing would happen. When I looked into
the Control panel the Internet Icon was missing!! I had no choice but to run
system restore to get IE7 back again. When I looked into the System
properties folder there is now no details /Data of any IE7 characteristics.
I have XP Pro SP3, and also had disabled the Antivurus (AVG9) during the
update.
Any help would be much welcomed, I have tried Google Chrome and noticed it
is slightly faster than IE7 but has a few Glitches, I was hoping IE8 would
be an improvement.
--
Regards Baz

--
Baz

Michael Santovec

Nov 2, 2009, 4:38:26 PM11/2/09
Use the following newsgroup for questions or problems with IE

You can also get to the Internet Explorer newsgroups via this web site:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx
There select Internet Explorer

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us