dtdp://748|331|1|jgen44.cjtl.n­et/HTM/704/0/javaSiteRequest.a­sp?LV=6000&DC=453&NF=0&1W ???

Chuck Dreier

Mar 6, 2005, 5:38:15 PM3/6/05
Recently I've begun getting an error message at some Internet sites that
reads as shown in the above message. I'm not sure what's going on, or how
to fix the problem. Any help would certainly be appreciated. Thanks!!!!!

David H. Lipman

Mar 6, 2005, 5:44:30 PM3/6/05
| Recently I've begun getting an error message at some Internet sites that
| reads as shown in the above message. I'm not sure what's going on, or how
| to fix the problem. Any help would certainly be appreciated. Thanks!!!!!

Dump the contents of the IE Temporary Internet Folder cache (TIF)

start --> settings --> control panel --> internet options --> delete files

1) Download the following three items...

Trend Sysclean Package

Latest Trend Pattern File.

Adaware SE (free personal version v1.05)
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Create a directory.
On drive "C:\"
(e.g., "c:\New Folder")
or the desktop

Download Sysclean.com and place it in that directory.
Download the Trend Pattern File by obtaining the ZIP file.
For example; lpt472.zip

sysclean.com.

2) Update Adaware with the latest definitions.
3) Disable System Restore
4) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode and shutdown as many applications as possible
5) Using both the Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware, perform a Full Scan of your
platform and clean/delete any infectors/parasites found.
(a few cycles may be needed)
6) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform using both the
Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware
7) Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any System Restore preferences,
(e.g. HD space to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
8) Reboot your PC.
9) Create a new Restore point

* Please report your results ! *

--
Dave

Chuck Dreier

Mar 7, 2005, 9:29:36 AM3/7/05
Dave,

Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately it didn't work. Sysclean found
nothing after two sweeps in Safe Mode (they took a long time but as you know
were very thorough), nor did my Ad-Aware SE Plus with the latest update. I
also did another scan in full Windows mode - not a trace of anything!

Any other suggestions? Perhaps a corrupt file?

Thanks for your help.

David H. Lipman

Mar 7, 2005, 9:37:15 AM3/7/05
| Dave,
|
| Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately it didn't work. Sysclean found
| nothing after two sweeps in Safe Mode (they took a long time but as you know
| were very thorough), nor did my Ad-Aware SE Plus with the latest update. I
| also did another scan in full Windows mode - not a trace of anything!
|
| Any other suggestions? Perhaps a corrupt file?
|
| Thanks for your help.
| | "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message

The idea that it may be malware was just a "guess".

Sorry I could not be more helpful.

BTW: What application interprets the URL protocol; dtdp://

--
Dave

Yves Leclerc

Mar 7, 2005, 10:05:52 AM3/7/05
You could try to repair the LSP stack part of the TCP/IP protocol. Look for
LSPFIX.exe and see if you can remove to "bad" entry. Or you can use
"WinsockxpFix.exe" which will automatically return the LSP stack to default
XP settings.

David H. Lipman

Mar 7, 2005, 10:25:39 AM3/7/05
| You could try to repair the LSP stack part of the TCP/IP protocol. Look for
| LSPFIX.exe and see if you can remove to "bad" entry. Or you can use
| "WinsockxpFix.exe" which will automatically return the LSP stack to default
| XP settings.

Assuming the above is the problem and Chuck is using WinXP SP2, the following can fix the
problem without downloading any software...

Start --> Run
Enter the following Command Line...

%COMSPEC% /c netsh winsock reset catalog

--
Dave

Chuck Dreier

Mar 7, 2005, 10:58:29 AM3/7/05
Thanks everyone!!! The "WinsockxpFix" seems to have done the trick. I'll
be sure to save these message should I encounter this again in the future.
Thanks again!

Jim Ray

Mar 19, 2005, 12:38:12 AM3/19/05
I thought this did the trick for me too... but it
didn't... go figure...
>.

Jim Ray

Mar 25, 2005, 5:15:19 PM3/25/05
I disabled all the add-ins to my IE... started enabling
them one by one... I've enabled all i really need and
haven't seen the jgen beast yet..
I'm kind of scared to keep going cause i really hated
that thing... all is well for now...
I'll post if I find more.
jr
.

>.

Jim Ray

Mar 29, 2005, 7:37:10 AM3/29/05
Still good... did this work for any of you guys?

vtf...@hotmail.com

Mar 30, 2005, 9:14:36 PM3/30/05
This maddening pop-up error happened when I got overzealous
uninstalling spyware. I discovered I had nuked the Content.IE5 folder
(not just the contents but the actual folder itself) located under
Documents and Settings\MyProfile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
Files. The folder is needed by Internet Explorer to store temporary
files and programs when browsing - hence the error.

I learned how to add the folder back from another post. In Internet
Explorer, click "Tools", "Internet Options", "Settings", "Move Folder".
Then browse to Documents and Settings\MyProfile\Local
Settings\Temporary Internet Files and hit "OK". Windows will need to
log-off to make the change.

After I did this, the pop-ups stopped.

Cheers,
Phil