Re: Asian Teen Bondage 4274

ja...@rcn.com

Dec 1, 2004, 1:29:48 AM12/1/04
contained. If there was any sort of warning implied by these data,
* then an alerting signal would be sent back to the managers of the
* plant concerned.

What are 'arousal filter' and 'homeostatic loops'?

The scope of Cybernetics is, in a word, awesome.

A cyberneticist can talk from atoms to cells to nervous systems, to
management of a company, country, world, solar system.

Whether an organism is mechanical, biological or social, it requires
a feedback mechanism to survive.

Your nervous system does some amazing things to fight off infections.

It creates custom anti-bodies to attack foreign microbes.
Custom living cells created through a system of feedback to spot that
there was a problem, analysis of the problem, action on the problem.

This is a life-sustaining feedback 'homeostatic' loop.

[bracket comments are mine]
When Stafford Beer says Cyberstride needed to filter 'homeostatic loops':

* "The Human Use of Human Beings - Cybernetics and Society"
* by Norbert Wiener, 1954, pre-ISBN
*
* The process [such as that employed by our nervous system] by which we
* living beings resist the general stream of corruption and decay is
* known as homeostas