About Windows 10

Gloops

Apr 26, 2018, 8:50:46 AM4/26/18
Hello everybody,

I saw in some forums that some people could use HTML Help Workshop on
Windows 10.

I did that (on a 64 bits installation), had no installation problem for
the program, but the obtained help file could only display its main
page, the first link (and I presume the other ones) gives a page with
ErrorStatus=0x80030002

One search on that error number proposed a debug program from Microsoft,
but the page was on error 404.

The Microsoft forums have a very efficient answer indeed : the program
is not supported on Windows 10.
As Windows 10 is the only supported version of Windows (with a few
months of margin perhaps), this means the only program of Microsoft for
documentation to user is no more supported at all.

Well, one possibility seems to be to install a virtual machine, but if
others could use it directly on Windows 10 ...

Gloops

May 22, 2018, 2:57:18 PM5/22/18
Hello,

A week or two ago, I solved that by reinitializing Internet Explorer, in
the advanced Internet options.

Thanks to a forum thread on that question.

--
Besoin d'un autre système, pas d'un autre gouvernement.